Thursday, January 6, 2011

NBA Ruminations

Ruminations on the NBA

1.a. Is it just me or is that Laker purple and gold starting to look a little outdated?

1.b. On a separate and completely unrelated note, how did I never notice how dope the Clippers logo is before?

1.c. I’m setting the over/under on when the Clippers are the more relevant LA team at 3 years. I’ll take the under. I can see it now. Jan. 1, 2012 will be an unprecedented news day. The moon will eclipse the sun, Las Vegas will freeze over and the Clippers will leapfrog the Lakers in the Western Conference standings with a home win over their city rivals at Staples.

2. What’s up with Lebron and his constant flip-flopping on the dunk contest? First there weren’t any dunkers worthy of his competition, then Blake Griffin comes around and LeBron wants no part. Now he’s talking about the ‘wear and tear on my body.’ From a dunk contest, give me a break. If you don’t want to do it, just say so. I think LeBron just likes the attention, having people fawning over him begging him to enter. As is so often the case, I have no problem at all with LeBron’s actions, just how he goes about them.

3. How do some of these trades happen? Stan: Ok, I’ll give you a declining, injury prone, underachieving 2-guard, a shut-down defender who's not a great defender and an above average backup centre for your best player not named Steve Nash and a guy who’s way more valuable to me than any other team in the league, including yours. Alvin: Hmm, there’s no way I’m seeing you in the playoffs, why not? Highway robbery.

No comments:

Post a Comment